A Catalyst for Innovation
The State and Indiana’s leading life sciences companies, academic research universities and medical school, and philanthropic community saw the need for better health solutions in the local and global community and called for the creation of IBRI.
Few places can match the depth and scale of complementary life sciences research and development activities that occur in Indiana. By leveraging and building on existing industry and academic expertise in nutrition science, genetics and genomics, biochemistry, endocrinology, novel delivery systems and therapeutic approaches, the Indiana Biosciences Research Institute will deliver important answers to metabolic disease.
Metabolic disease – including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and obesity – and poor nutrition are global epidemics with significant health, quality of life and economic impacts.
IBRI’s mission is to become the leading industry-inspired applied research institute in the discovery and development of innovative solutions to improve health, initially targeting diabetes, metabolic disease, and poor nutrition.
Our goals are to:
- Speed discovery by removing traditional barriers to research in favor of a creative, visionary environment that encourages collaboration across industries and scientific disciplines;
- Foster innovation by enabling researchers to participate and contribute toward the translation of their ideas treatments, therapies and products;
- Support collaboration by leveraging and sharing assets and resources to more effectively overcome the challenges of frontier science;
- Leverage a flexible business model based on multiple sources of public, private and philanthropic funding in order to combine resources toward a shared mission; and,
- Attract world-class talent and provide them with the support to pursue breakthrough science.