The Indiana Biosciences Research Institute (IBRI) is the anchor tenant of Innovation Building 1 in the 16 Tech Innovation District, which is a new downtown community that supports and fosters cross-sector collaboration, promotes innovation and boosts economic growth and prosperity.
We designed our new headquarters to encourage life sciences entrepreneurship, convene diverse research teams and complement innovation in the ecosystem.
Our new facility features:
- 68,000 square feet of lab, office and event space;
- Four main open-space labs;
- 200 lab benches; and
- A home for eight life sciences start-ups IBRI Members.
Working in 16 Tech gives us access to:
- The AMP, an artisan marketplace with more than 20 food vendors;
- Machyne, a makerspace with workshops, design spaces and a media lab; and
- 76 Forward, a global incubation network helping entrepreneurs.
This location in 16 Tech also situates us between the Indiana University School of Medicine, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, IU Health, Riley Hospital for Children, Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital and the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center.
Our proximity to these academic research and healthcare institutions help us bring them together with industry, community and government to plan the future direction for life sciences in the Midwest. It all comes down to enabling innovation to translate research into improved health outcomes for patients.