In 2023, the Indiana Biosciences Research Institute (IBRI) unveiled the Quantum Leap Award in partnership with inaugural sponsor, Roche Diagnostics. The IBRI was proud to partner with Roche on this innovative effort that supported the creation of opportunities and outcomes that would otherwise not occur.
Translation of innovation in a startup company can be challenging. We understand that startups need many levels of support to take ideas from concept to commercialization. That’s why we created a competition that is about more than access to lab space; it's about enabling the best science to leap forward through access to capabilities and collaboration.
The winner of the Quantum Leap Award received up to two wet lab biology benches rent free for one calendar year, use of desks in co-working space with conference room access, and participation in our AXIS Mentoring Program, as well as a cash prize of $50,000 to support research.
The Quantum Leap Awardee gained access to shared equipment as seen in our lab video. Additionally, the awardee had the opportunity to:
- Contract with the IBRI to partner with our scientific capabilities:
- Small molecule or antibody drug discovery platforms.
- Enabling technologies (e.g., bioinformatics and computational biology; and advanced cellular pharmacology).
- IPSC technology.
- Use the IBRI's state-of-the-art drug discovery laboratory.
- Access group pricing for license of drug discovery platforms (e.g., Schrodinger Suite of Tools, CDD Vault), and lab supplies.