We are the Indiana Biosciences Research Institute (IBRI). We are a leading translational research institute that advances academic and industry science through collaboration to improve patient health outcomes. Building your career at the IBRI in Indianapolis’ 16 Tech Innovation District, means being part of a team of renowned scientists, creative thinkers and innovative leaders.
Today’s research is being driven by significant advances in our abilities to study complex disease processes and propose new ways to improve patients’ lives. To reflect the evolving nature of life sciences research and encourage synergies through collaboration, we’re enhancing our integrated capabilities, adding depth to how we approach patient-informed translational science and pursuing four foundational areas of scientific focus. These four areas will provide us the core talent and capability to pursue translational science in this new patient-centric framework:
- Disease, Systems, Pathways – We’re working to better understand diabetes and identify new ways to combat the disease. We’re applying this learning to other diseases that share common systems and pathways.
- Molecular Innovation – We’re developing new capabilities for molecular design and drug discovery to investigate disease processes and pursue new therapeutic approaches.
- Integrated Data Sciences – We’re pursuing advanced data sciences to create novel end-user inspired solutions that address complex analysis, simulation and prediction across the translational sciences.
- Enabling Technologies – We’re building a rich platform of enabling technologies that give our scientists, partners and collaborators access to the best tools to solve complex scientific problems.
The IBRI’s vision is to build a world-class organization of researchers, innovators and business professionals that catalyze activities across the Indiana (and beyond) life sciences community. To achieve that vision, we look for curious and collaborative team members who are energized by innovation, guided by integrity and inspired by diversity.
We are seeking an Office Manager to support the research operations and space use within the IBRI. As a member of the IBRI administration team, this position will provide professional administrative and operations support to the organization by facilitating, managing and owning the day-to-day operations and administrative activities. The ideal individual will have the ability to apply good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Office Manager must be able to work independently and under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of matters of significance with confidentiality, discretion and effectiveness. This position requires attention to detail, excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
This role includes the following key responsibilities:
General Office Operations and Administration
- Responsible for the visitor experience in the office
- Serve as in-house expert and primary interface for all AV equipment in the IBRI.
- Maintain conference room scheduling system.
- Request and maintain parking for employees and visitors,
- Create and request badges for employees and members.
- Responsible for ordering, distribution, and inventory of all general and kitchen supplies.
- Keep the kitchens clean and functioning, includes making sure there is fresh coffee available, emptying and loading the dishwasher, maintaining the refrigerated stock of cold drinks, and cleaning out the refrigerator bi-weekly, etc.
- Responsible for all incoming/outgoing mail, and FedEx shipments
- Perform a variety of logistical and administrative tasks in support of IBRI programs and events throughout the year, including staff meetings and staff events.
Conference/Event Space Management
- Responsible for scheduling, contracting, invoicing and managing the IBRI Conference Center.
- Keeping track of the conference center calendar.
- Manage and coordinate resources for professional events/meetings.
- Coordinating event needs with on-site security, maintenance staff and facilities manager.
- Maintaining close relationships with outside vendors involved in the event coordination process.
- Coordinate flexible staffing for organizing furniture to meet event needs.
- Contributing to the development and creation of standard operating procedures and other documents for managing and/or communicating event information.
IBRI Member Management
- Collect data on member conference room usage.
- Collect data on member printer usage.
- Responsible for distribution of member badges and maintain a member employee roster.
- Complete safety orientation with Members that do not enter the lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience
- Associate degree (or equivalent or equivalent experience) in Administration or a related field, preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of office management and/or executive assistant experience required.
- Experience with non-profit organizations preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Superior planning, organizational, time management and record-keeping skills with attention to and memory for details
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use independent judgement and good discretion/ decision making skills
- Must possess cultural awareness, strong relationship management skills and emotional intelligence.
- Extensive experience with MS Office suite, Teams, and Outlook
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated track record of success in project management, and general operations preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
The IBRI offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits. Relocation assistance will be offered where appropriate.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The IBRI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please visit us at https://www.indianabiosciences.org/careers-apply to learn more and/or apply for this opportunity. Interested individuals are encouraged to provide their resume or CV and a cover letter when they apply.