IBRI Diabetes Center
We are the Indiana Biosciences Research Institute (IBRI). We are a leading translational research institute that advances academic and industry science through collaboration to improve patient health outcomes. Building your career at the IBRI in Indianapolis’ 16 Tech Innovation District, means being part of a team of renowned scientists, creative thinkers and innovative leaders.
Today’s research is being driven by significant advances in our abilities to study complex disease processes and propose new ways to improve patients’ lives. To reflect the evolving nature of life sciences research and encourage synergies through collaboration, we’re enhancing our integrated capabilities, adding depth to how we approach patient-informed translational science and pursuing four foundational areas of scientific focus. These four areas will provide us the core talent and capability to pursue translational science in this new patient-centric framework:
- Disease, Systems, Pathways – We’re working to better understand diabetes and identify new ways to combat the disease. We’re applying this learning to other diseases that share common systems and pathways.
- Molecular Innovation – We’re developing new capabilities for molecular design and drug discovery to investigate disease processes and pursue new therapeutic approaches.
- Integrated Data Sciences – We’re pursuing advanced data sciences to create novel end-user inspired solutions that address complex analysis, simulation and prediction across the translational sciences.
- Enabling Technologies – We’re building a rich platform of enabling technologies that give our scientists, partners and collaborators access to the best tools to solve complex scientific problems.
The IBRI’s vision is to build a world-class organization of researchers, innovators and business professionals that catalyze activities across the Indiana (and beyond) life sciences community. To achieve that vision, we look for curious and collaborative team members who are energized by innovation, guided by integrity and inspired by diversity.
The Lilly Diabetes Center of Excellence (DCOE) at the IBRI is recruiting promising young principal investigators (PI) to start their own independent laboratories under excellent research conditions.
The Lilly DCOE is recruiting high-potential PIs at the IBRI in Indianapolis, Ind., who are interested in pancreatic beta cell research, particularly related to iPSC-derived beta cells and the crosstalk between beta cells and the immune system in type 1 diabetes (T1D).
- The PIs will receive five-year sponsored appointments at the IBRI, subsidized by Lilly, and faculty appointments with a tenure track perspective at the Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Each appointed PI will pursue their own area of research with full academic freedom. Lilly will provide opportunities for close collaborations, including access to drug discovery tools and expertise, to allow faculty to rapidly explore the translational potential of their research.
- The LDCE will also serve as a bridge between academia and industry by providing opportunities for interaction, training, and mentoring across the IBRI, Lilly and IU School of Medicine.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits offered, commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The IBRI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please visit us at www.indianabiosciences.org/pi-diabetes-apply to apply for this opportunity.