Research Associate - Entry Level
IBRI Diabetes Center
We are the Indiana Biosciences Research Institute (IBRI). We are a leading translational research institute that advances academic and industry science through collaboration to improve patient health outcomes. Building your career at the IBRI in Indianapolis’ 16 Tech Innovation District, means being part of a team of renowned scientists, creative thinkers and innovative leaders.
Today’s research is being driven by significant advances in our abilities to study complex disease processes and propose new ways to improve patients’ lives. To reflect the evolving nature of life sciences research and encourage synergies through collaboration, we’re enhancing our integrated capabilities, adding depth to how we approach patient-informed translational science, and pursuing four foundational areas of scientific focus. These four areas will provide us with the core talent and capability to pursue translational science in this new patient-centric framework:
- Disease, Systems, Pathways – We’re working to understand diabetes better and identify new ways to combat the disease. We’re applying this learning to other conditions that share common systems and pathways.
- Molecular Innovation – We’re developing new capabilities for molecular design and drug discovery to investigate disease processes and pursue new therapeutic approaches.
- Integrated Data Sciences – We’re pursuing advanced data sciences to create novel end-user- inspired solutions that address complex analysis, simulation, and prediction across the translational sciences.
- Enabling Technologies – We’re building a rich platform of enabling technologies that give our scientists, partners, and collaborators access to the best tools to solve complex scientific problems.
The IBRI’s vision is to build a world-class organization of researchers, innovators, and business professionals that catalyze activities across the Indiana (and beyond) life sciences community. To achieve that vision, we look for curious and collaborative team members who are energized by innovation, guided by integrity, and inspired by diversity.
A Research Associate opportunity is available at the IBRI Diabetes Center. The Diabetes Center investigates the pathogenesis of and immune therapies for type 1 diabetes, with a focus on the disease-related antigen antibody therapies and beta cell therapies to postpone or reverse the progression of diabetes. In addition, the Diabetes Center is actively investigating the pathogenesis of and therapies for type 2 diabetes, with a goal of developing novel therapies for obesity and hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes.
The selected candidate will participate in a team working with rodent and human studies, testing functions of proteins and cells using cell lines, primary cells/organs in lab culture system and mouse strains. The individual will work with investigators, team members and collaborators, receive necessary trainings, analyze data and prepare reports. Self-motivated applicants with experience in cell culture, antibody functional measurement, and mouse models are highly encouraged to apply. The position requires performing research and limited laboratory administrative duties (such as lab supplies purchase and organization). The final title, senior research associate, research associate or assistant research associate depends on the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
- Perform cell-based assays with primary cells and cell lines, in vivo and in vitro experiments.
- Process tissue samples collected from human or rodents.
- Perform mouse husbandry, breeding, collect blood and organ samples.
- Perform other assays on-demand such as histology assays such as IF &IHC staining.
- Accurately document notes, the experimental methods and results.
- BS or MA/MS in Biology, Immunology or a related field is required.
- Skills in cell culture and protein processing are required.
- Experience with in vivo animal models is preferred.
- Experience and skills in immunology field are preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Must be open to learning new techniques
- Good organizational skills and communication skills are required.
Compensation: Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits offered, commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The IBRI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Please visit us at www.indianabiosciences.org/ra-diabetes-entry-apply to apply for this opportunity. Interested individuals are encouraged to provide their CV/resume and a brief cover letter with their application.